Baby Trey DeEsch

OUR BEAUTIFUL SON, DOUGLAS ROBERT DeESCH III "TREY", WAS BORN MARCH 20, 2009, AT 9:04PM. HE WAS 8 POUNDS, 8 OUNCES AND 22 INCHES LONG! HE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

TREY DeESCH

TREY DeESCH
PERFECT LITTLE ANGEL

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH
OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL

Baby Carrington DeEsch

WE ARE EAGERLY AWAITING LITTLE SISTER CARRINGTON'S ARRIVAL, BUT AS SOON AS SHE JOINS OUR FAMILY, WE WILL ADD HER TO THE BLOG!

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH WAS BORN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2010 AT 8:30PM. SHE WAS 8 POUNDS, 4 OUNCES AND 21 INCHES LONG. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL, PRECIOUS AND PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

































































Sunday, January 23, 2011

Survivors!


It's been a rollercoaster here in the DeEsch household the last two weeks. Where to begin... We have literally had a series of unfortunate misshaps that have completely stressed me out!

After all the snow Charlotte received, I spent the week at home with the kids, since school was closed and I couldn't take Trey to preschool. It worked out, since Trey and Carrington both came down with RSV (a fancy acronym for a bad cold), with symptoms of severe "old man" coughing and disgusting runny noses. Trey's cough got so bad that we ended up getting a nebulizer and giving him treatments daily. The nebulizer has made a huge difference, and Trey is back to his normal self again!

That week, we also received our new cooktop that we ordered over the holidays, since our existing cooktop was accidentally broken while cooking dinner one evening. The installer turned off the power and went to install the new appliance, but quickly discovered that the new cooktop was too small for the granite cut opening. JUST GREAT... oh well, we'll return the stovetop, order another one and hopefully have all of this behind us, right? Not exactly. When the power was turned back on, we discovered that the power failure blew the control panel on our double ovens and now there was no heat being released. Ok- let's call a service tech to come take a look! In the meantime, we now have no working cooktop, and now no ovens. The weather apparently effected the ability of Sears repairmen to show up to their scheduled appointments, so after 2 attempts at repair through Sears, we gave up and called a new company. Now we are 2 weeks into a non-working kitchen, but I am thinking positive thoughts! Again, how wrong I am. This week, Appliance Medic came out to repair the ovens, and while pulling the oven parts out, he dropped the front and shattered the glass. Of course he did.

That same day, the humidifiers for the kids broke and started spewing out water and damaging a portion of the carpet and furniture. I'm not discouraged, I still have a lot to be grateful for! Until Doug calls (he stayed home that day to meet the service man, while I went to work) to inform me that the baby swing's motor has died. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but when we start adding up the cost of all of these items, it is daunting! As I'm getting into my car to head home, I realize that my seat warmers aren't heating... upon further inspection, I realize that the GPS isn't working, and I realize the lighter isn't powering up. What more could possible go wrong?!?!

I write all of this to say that, despite everything happening in our home, my babies have no idea how these things effect us, and they are just happy to have Doug and I around, playing with them and just being there. Everything breaking has been a little slice of heaven for Trey, who has spent every opportunity getting out his tools and copying his "Dada" in all the repairs. I realize that none of these nuisances matter, and my family is what really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment