Baby Trey DeEsch

OUR BEAUTIFUL SON, DOUGLAS ROBERT DeESCH III "TREY", WAS BORN MARCH 20, 2009, AT 9:04PM. HE WAS 8 POUNDS, 8 OUNCES AND 22 INCHES LONG! HE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

TREY DeESCH

TREY DeESCH
PERFECT LITTLE ANGEL

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH
OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL

Baby Carrington DeEsch

WE ARE EAGERLY AWAITING LITTLE SISTER CARRINGTON'S ARRIVAL, BUT AS SOON AS SHE JOINS OUR FAMILY, WE WILL ADD HER TO THE BLOG!

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH WAS BORN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2010 AT 8:30PM. SHE WAS 8 POUNDS, 4 OUNCES AND 21 INCHES LONG. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL, PRECIOUS AND PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

































































Sunday, April 18, 2010

Playing Outside is the BEST





As I progress through pregnancy #2, I am SO grateful for the weather being beautiful! Being able to open up the back door and let Trey play outside for hours at a time has been wonderful! Grandma came to visit a week ago and bought Trey a small swimming pool for the backyard. Trey, of course, loves it, but he has a tendency to crawl right into the pool with everything on- clothes, socks, and shoes... What I have learned is that Trey is just as happy to play in a pool NOT filled with water, and I can breathe a little easier knowing that if I turn my back for a second, he won't drown, and I won't have to dry out his shoes for the tenth time in a row!

Trey is also understanding more and more every day. It is such a joy to watch his little mind expand with all the new things he is learning. This morning I asked Trey to bring me his shoes (which were outside), and he not only knew what I asked him, but he remembered where they were and walked right outside to get them! What a mini genius I have! He has also become quite the little monkey- and this is not an exaggeration. He climbs on EVERYTHING! I've started just letting him do it, even though I know he is probably going to fall and "bonk"his head. How else will he learn to NOT climb on everything? I figure, this is a perfect time to learn cause and effect :). I am also applying this strategy to eating dirt. I tell him over and over again not to eat dirt, rocks, mulch (pretty much everything), but then I realized that he won't know how gross all of those things really are unless he eats them and hates them, so here we go!

The other "new" thing Trey has been doing is using utensils. I wasn't sure when to start practicing with this, but we decided to give it a try. He loves being a big boy and he is surprising good at the fork! The spoon is going to take some time, but that's ok- time is one thing we have lots of!

1 comment:

  1. so funny, both of our boys are shoe geniuses! :) we can't wait until we get back from the beach so we can plan a play date. have a great week and i hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete