Baby Trey DeEsch

OUR BEAUTIFUL SON, DOUGLAS ROBERT DeESCH III "TREY", WAS BORN MARCH 20, 2009, AT 9:04PM. HE WAS 8 POUNDS, 8 OUNCES AND 22 INCHES LONG! HE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

TREY DeESCH

TREY DeESCH
PERFECT LITTLE ANGEL

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH
OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL

Baby Carrington DeEsch

WE ARE EAGERLY AWAITING LITTLE SISTER CARRINGTON'S ARRIVAL, BUT AS SOON AS SHE JOINS OUR FAMILY, WE WILL ADD HER TO THE BLOG!

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH WAS BORN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2010 AT 8:30PM. SHE WAS 8 POUNDS, 4 OUNCES AND 21 INCHES LONG. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL, PRECIOUS AND PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

































































Sunday, March 27, 2011

Trey's 2nd Birthday Party!!!



























I swore, vowed, promised, and insisted that I would NEVER do another birthday party, but (of course) as Trey's 2nd birthday approached, I changed my mind. I just couldn't do that- and if I was completely honest with myself, I enjoy planning a party- I just didn't want to do it at the house.

This year, we had a house full of visitors to help us celebrate! Uncle Brian and Aunt Kristyn were here, along with our other Uncle Brian, Aunt Melissa, and Cousin Rylee. Trey and Rylee are the two cutest kids you have ever seen, and they play so well together. I'm pretty sure that giving Trey a live-in playmate for 2 days was more than enough gift for him! They completely wore each other out, but they had a blast!

Trey's birthday was at Gymboree, and it was the perfect 2 year old location. Trey's been a "Gymboree-er" since he was 6 months old, so it seemed fitting that we do at least one birthday party there! The kids got to run around, play games, do parachute time, sing songs and just be wild. What did I have to do? Bring the cake (which I had delivered), bring juice boxes (which I forgot and then remembered at the last second), and gift bags. Piece of cake, right? Well... there is a reason why I didn't want to have the party at the house!

My family (the Keenan's) are notorious for falling apart seconds before we are to leave the house, go to school, head to church, arrive at a party... you name it, we are late for it! It seems like anything that could go wrong, does go wrong. Well, as we were getting ready to leave the house to head to Trey's Gymboree party, things slowly started going down hill. We go upstairs to quickly change, and just as I finish getting Carrington ready, Doug puts her in her Jumperoo, and she chooses that moment to go to the bathroom. No big deal, except that it is a major blast out, and Doug immediately picks her up and lays her on the bed. By the grace of God, her clothes are clean (the onesie underneath didn't make it and we had to trash it), but in Doug's haste, he proceeded to get poop ALL OVER THE BED!!!! Yes, you read that right... I'm pissed, Doug's frantic, and now Trey is crying. We get cleaned up (I made a decision to deal with the bedding later), and head downstairs.

This is when I remember that I didn't get any juice boxes, water, or soda for the party. Seriously? I have one job, and I can't even remember that? Doug assures me that we have plenty of time to pick some up- yeah right. Carrington is now screaming her head off- this is completely unlike her, and it is unraveling everyone's nerves. Doug's rocking her in the carseat, Trey is crying, and I'm close to tears. Uncle Brian tries to calm Trey by giving him a chocolate orea. What happens next you ask? Chocolate oreo is everywhere- all over Trey, his new birthday shirt, and precariously close to his jeans. I take a deep breath, take away the cookie, get a washcloth and glance at the clock. Yep, we're late. We all head outside- now we have to juggle car seats, seating arrangements, 2 cars,... Time is ticking by, and my mood is getting worse and worse. FINALLY we all get settled into our respective cars and head out- again, by the grace of God, Carrington finally relaxes. I want you to keep in mind that through all of this Carrington is SCREECHING at the top of her lungs- you would seriously think she was dying. And she is never, ever like this, so every last one of us is unraveled. When we finally make it to Gymboree, Doug heads over to Fresh Market for drinks, only to discover he has no wallet. Luckily we came with our posse, and someone pays for the beverages.

This is why I am forever grateful that I wasn't expecting 12 little children at my house, and instead we were going somewhere else, with someone else providing the entertainment, and I could relax and enjoy the hour and a half of fun. This is Trey's big day, and I don't want to remember it as the party from hell! :)

Trey had a fantastic time, the cake was perfect- and delicious- the gift bags came out adorable, and I was thrilled with everything (if you can take away the 30 minutes prior to party time). We were especially lucky that Aunt Kristyn took pictures throughout the entire party and made a point to get each and every guest. I am so thankful that she was there to capture all the details! I think Trey's favorite part of the party was seeing his friend Davis. Trey loves Davis and goes to school with him, so although Trey knew and recognized all the guests, Davis is his "constant". Davis and Trey have gone to school together for the last 18 months, so they see each other at least 3 times a week, maybe more. If it's possible to have a best friend when you are 2, then Davis is definitely Trey's BFF.

Happy Birthday Party to my Big Boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment