Baby Trey DeEsch

OUR BEAUTIFUL SON, DOUGLAS ROBERT DeESCH III "TREY", WAS BORN MARCH 20, 2009, AT 9:04PM. HE WAS 8 POUNDS, 8 OUNCES AND 22 INCHES LONG! HE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

TREY DeESCH

TREY DeESCH
PERFECT LITTLE ANGEL

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH
OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL

Baby Carrington DeEsch

WE ARE EAGERLY AWAITING LITTLE SISTER CARRINGTON'S ARRIVAL, BUT AS SOON AS SHE JOINS OUR FAMILY, WE WILL ADD HER TO THE BLOG!

CARRINGTON ELIZABETH DeESCH WAS BORN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2010 AT 8:30PM. SHE WAS 8 POUNDS, 4 OUNCES AND 21 INCHES LONG. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL, PRECIOUS AND PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

































































Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carrington's 1 Year BIRTHDAY!!!!
















Our sweet little baby girl is 1 years old!!!! She is the sweetest, funniest, little girl ever :). For her birthday, I wanted to make it extra special and fun, but I didn't want to throw a huge party. When I told my brother this, he made me feel awful, since we went all out for Trey's first birthday, so I made up my mind to make her day super fabulous, "Family Style".

My take on a family birthday goes a little something like this... My Mom and Dad, Grammy and Papa, and Uncle Brian and Aunt Kristyn all came down to visit on Friday (Carrington's birthday was Saturday, Oct. 29th). So, for invitations, I put a handmade invite in each person's bedroom, inviting them to the party the next morning. It included the theme (Sunshine), the date (Sat. Oct 29th), the time (9am), and location (DeEsch Dining Room). We missed the DeEsch side of the family a TON, but I'm hoping to do something special with all of them soon! We missed you all: Uncle Adam, Aunt Shannon, Allie, Uncle Brian, Aunt Melissa, Rylee, Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Nancy!

Theme? That's the easy part- Carrington is most definitely the light of our lives, and the theme was "Bright as the SUN, our little Carrington is turning 1!" Decorations? Pictures of the birthday girl, fun colors of yellow and hot pink (the table cloth is actually just a scrap of fabric from the fabric store), and a birthday banner (Serendipity).

Cake? You betcha! An adorable Sunshine cake (flavor- sprinkles with white chocolate filling), and cupcakes from Just Baked Cupcakes, with adorable cupcake toppers (again, Serendipity). I was bound and determined to make this party a SUCCESS!

Games? Of course! Just because we don't have a bunch of screaming 1 and 2 year olds doesn't mean we need to skip games and prizes :). I stole this idea from Aunt Shannon and Uncle Adam (I LOVED it at Allie's birthday), and played a little game of "Guess My Age", with a Starbucks gift card prize. I even made Doug play (to see how well he would do), and he did NOT win! The big winners were Uncle Brian and Aunt Kristyn (they played individually, sort of- I'm pretty sure there was some cheating going on) but since they both only missed 2, they got to share the prize.

Food? Breakfast, Carrington's favorite meal of the day! We served French Toast Casserole, fruit kabobs, sausage biscuits, deviled eggs, yogurt and granola, and raspberry lemonade. It was delish! :) This also made it easy for all of our party guests to show up on time- you KNEW they were going to be hungry!

After breakfast we opened gifts- Carrington got a beautiful growth chart (pictures will come this week) from Uncle Brian and Aunt Kristyn, plus a gorgeous children's book. She got LOTS and LOTS of clothes (I think she got 4 pairs of tights, 4 new dresses, 3 new shoes, a jacket, 6 new sweaters- and that is just what I can remember!). I've said it before, but my kids will NEVER go naked with a NaniJay and Grammy in their lives! Carrington also got an adorable baby doll from Grammy and Papa. I can honestly say that she was completely spoiled.

Here's the funniest part of the whole day- Carrington had 4 outfit changes!!! What a DIVA! Actually, Carrington is much more tomboy than girly, but she really did change 4 times. First her party dress, and then she tried on one of her birthday gift dresses, her birthday play clothes, and then there was a "wardrobe malfunction" with diaper issues, and she had to change into a new birthday outfit play clothes. My mom also decided to make her try on her snowsuit bunting from last year, just to see if it fit, and of course jammies at the end of the night. The girl was DONE changing by the end of the day! :)

She also "bonked" her poor little self 3 times on her birthday! She had a lamp fall on her little head (I don't think it actually hit her, but it sure scared her), NaniJay tripped over her (pretty hard!), and she fell backwards on hit the back of her head. She really is a little climber, and manages to get into everything! I am very surprised, since I KNOW she is capable of doing it, but she is not walking yet! No matter how hard we try, she just won't! It's hilarious to try and make her, but Carrington is a stubborn little thing, and she will NOT walk until she is good and ready. In the meantime, she is happy crawling her way through life.

All in all, it was a wonderful day, and I hope that she had a great birthday- or at least I hope she looks back at the pictures one day and will know that her Mommy, Daddy, and Brother love her very, very much and wanted to make her first extra special in every way possible. Trey is so sweet, and he calls her "Baby Sweetheart", and the name couldn't be more fitting- she truly is our little baby sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment